Who We Are
Unions Working for Social Justice In Our Central Alberta Communities.
The Red Deer & District Labour Council, chartered with the Canadian Labour Congress in 1958, represents 7000 unionized members throughout Central Alberta. The Labour Council’s purpose is to improve the communities in which the members live, work and play, by advancing the economic and social welfare of all workers.
The Red Deer & District Labour Council:
- Donates to & volunteers for various community causes & organizations, such as Central Alberta United Way.
- Provides an annual Scholarship for post-secondary students.
- Supports Labour Education.
- Supports children to attend the Alberta Federation of Labour summer camp.
- Raises workplace safety awareness and recognition of workers injured or who have lost their lives at the workplace.
- Organizes and hosts annual Community Events.